Damaged Hair? Here’s How You Can Save Them
Hey, hey, wait a minute! Before you decide to head to the salon to chop off those dead-looking strands, we’ve got something for you. Even though they might look like a lost case right now, we’ve got a Pandora’s Box full of hair care tips that will repair damaged hair. All you gotta do is trust the process, have patience and prep for that epic hair flip!
In This Article:
But first, let’s understand why you have them in the first place?
Reasons Why You Might Have Damaged Hair
1. Using Harsh Hair Care Products: Even though parabens and sulfates are supposed to clean your hair, they are also super drying and can massively deteriorate your hair quality.
2. Using Too Much Heat: If you like a fresh blow dry or love to curl/straighten often, then that’s bad news for your hair. Because slowly but surely, it will dry up your hair leading to frizz and split ends.
3. Incorrect Hair Drying: Aggressively drying your hair using a body towel or skipping a hair serum, is inviting trouble. Always stick to a microfiber towel to soak up excess water.
4. Using Improper Products: There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to your hair care routine. It’s crucial that you pick products that are meant for your hair type. Failing to do so will prove to be counterproductive and deplete your hair quality.
5. Tight Hairstyles: Is your hair usually tied up in a bun or a high ponytail? If yes, you’re unknowingly causing stress on your hair follicles, causing hair fall and breakage.
How To Fix Damaged Hair
1. Invest In A Good Hair Mask
A thick, nourishing hair mask is a must in this SOS situation. It treats each hair strand with love, care and a ton of hydration, which ultimately seals in moisture and repairs damaged hair. Our Argan Oil & Lavender, Paraben Free Smooth & Serene Hair Mask is a true 2-minute magic! Dunk your hair in the goodness of argan oil and 100% organic coconut oil that will blow new life into your hair. If you have a hard time taming frizz and flyaways, then you’ll simply fall in love with the end results!
2. Watch How Much You Wash
Sure, having a clean scalp and hair is vital to maintain your hair’s health. But there is a very thin line between washing and over-washing them. If your hair wash days exceed the number 3, then you are a part of the over-washing clan. What you’re innately doing is stopping your scalp from forming its natural oils, which help condition your hair. This will over time make your hair brittle and prone to breakage. If you have curly/wavy/dry hair then 1-2 times a week should be ideal. If you have an oily scalp or your hair lacks volume, then 3 is good. Also, be mindful that you’re picking a shampoo and conditioner for your hair type.
3. Hair Oil To The Rescue
Oiling your hair before hair wash is a good habit to form for life. It gives that extra push to your hair follicles, thereby promoting the growth of new hair. It conditions the hair shaft and helps tame that unruly frizz. Our Onion, Black Seed Oil & Patchouli Hairfall Control Hair Oil is formulated with the best-of-the-best hair-loving ingredients. Massaging this oil into your scalp and hair every time before you shampoo as this will lead up to 4x lesser hair fall as well as stronger, shinier hair.
4. Introduce A Scalp Serum
Okay, listen close, because we’re about to spill a juicy secret on how to fix damaged hair. You can get to the ‘root’ of hair damage by using a scalp serum. It is packed with damage-controlling ingredients that help restore and improve your hair’s vitality, strength and growth. Need proof? 100% users who tried our Curry Leaves & Vegan Biotin Hair Growth Scalp Serum claimed visible reduction in hair thinning in only 28 days. If your hair is falling out more than usual then this elixir is for you. On the other hand, if your scalp is feeling itchy lately or there are white flakes, then get your hands on our Tea Tree & Rosemary Scalp Serum which thoroughly detoxifies and purifies the scalp of all the nasties. Healthy scalp = healthy hair!
Q:1 Can damaged hair be repaired?
A. To a large extent, damaged hair can be repaired. Build a hair care routine that consists of weekly or bi-weekly hair masks, scalp scrubs and hair oiling. You should also limit the use of heat styling and over-washing your hair to bring hair damage under control.
Q:2 How to hydrate damaged hair?
A. Start by protecting your hair from UV damage and pollution by keeping them covered. Then, make sure that you’re using a nourishing hair oil and a hair mask at least once a week. Make sure to apply conditioner as well as a restorative hair serum.
Q:3 Should I cut my hair if it is damaged?
A. If you want to maintain your hair length, then its better to opt for alternatives like using a nourishing hair mask and oil 1-2 times a week. This should help curb hair damage to a good extent. Although, if the split or rough ends are getting out of hand, it’s best to chop them off.