get to know our goals for a better future
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve been on a journey to make you and the planet cleaner, greener and more beautiful. And that starts with small but strong steps paired with BIG ambitions. Over the next 10 years, we look forward to continually pushing the boundaries on what it means to create great beauty products that give love to our communities and our planet. Below is our vision for where we’d like to make the most impact by the year 2030.
people & planet-friendly disposal
We are committing that 100% of our product and packaging portfolio will allow for people-and-planet disposal, with all packaging made with 100% recycled materials. We will also continue to invest in recycling access and collection across all markets where we operate.
- 100% of our packaging will be recyclable, compostable or reusable.
- We’re committed to creating dedicated workstreams to tackle difficult to recycle materials like pumps and tubes.
- We pioneered the use of 100% post-consumer recycled (PCR) plastic to create our bottles. As we explore new materials to reduce our absolute use of plastic, we’re committed to working to incorporate recycled content.
- Continued investment to support recycling collection infrastructure – we use recycled materials to create our bottles, so we know collecting used recyclables is super important.
net zero emissions
We commit to net zero emissions by 2030 from sourcing to sale.
Our primary focus will be on emissions reductions. We will do this by taking a close look at our ingredients, packaging, manufacturing and distribution. We will also explore additional nature-based solutions to protect and regenerate land, forests and oceans.
what does that mean?
- This means emissions associated with our products are reduced towards zero as far as possible, with remaining emissions balanced by carbon removals by 2030.
- We will start first by eliminating emissions from our own operations where we have direct control. We will also partner with suppliers across our value chain to reduce emissions.
- Since 2018, we've been committed to a self-imposed carbon tax and have invested the dollars raised in a wide variety of people and planet projects. Moving forward, we’re striving to direct our carbon tax dollars towards nature-based solutions to protect and regenerate land, forests, and oceans.