Celebrate the holidays sustainably
Celebrate the Holidays Sustainably with Love Beauty and Planet
This holiday season, Love Beauty and Planet wants to inspire you to celebrate more sustainably. Each year, this time of year accounts for a 25% increase in trash — which amounts to 25 million tons of waste. We’re always thinking of ways to help reduce waste during the holiday season. Last year, Love Beauty and Planet transformed a New York Times centerspread ad into a planet-friendly wrapping paper. Inside the Sunday, December 8, 2019 issue of The New York Times, you’ll find our ad, designed to be reused as a wrapping paper for holiday gifts. Beautifully designed in partnership with illustrator Leah Duncan, this wrapping paper is just one of the creative ways you can show a little love to the planet during the holiday season.
Limited Time Only! Love Beauty and Planet Holiday Gift Sets
Looking for holiday gifts that show a little love to the planet? This holiday season Love Beauty and Planet is launching special-edition gift packs featuring your favorite hair care and skin care products.
Small Acts of Love for the Holiday Season
There are so many ways to show a little love to the planet this holiday season — find a few of our favorite eco-friendly holiday tips below. For even more holiday-inspired tricks, follow us on Instagram (@lovebeautyandplanet) and show us your #smallactsoflove
- Continue to get creative with your wrapping. Consider using old maps, pretty dish towels & scarves. Cute tote bags can replace paper gift bags.
- Decorate a tree in your backyard or a potted plant in your home instead of buying a Christmas tree.
- Create natural ornaments and garland out of items like pinecones, popcorn and cranberries.
- Shop organic and local ingredients to create your holiday feasts.
- Consider giving experiential gifts instead of purchasing physical items.